Network of Centres of Excellence in Neurodegeneration (COEN): Pathfinder Call 2015
The ANR joins the Network of Centres of Excellence in Neurodegeneration (CoEN) to launch a Transnational Call aimed at supporting transnational collaborations in the field of neurodegenerative disease. Six countries from the European Research Area and abroad are joining this call: Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Spain and United Kingdom.
The objective of this call is to stimulate new and unconventional approaches and creative solutions to the challenges of neurodegeneration research by undertaking high-risk / high-payoff research.
An aim of the COEN initiative is to build productive links between research groups within recognised centres of excellence (CoEs) in neurodegeneration. To this end, it is expected that teams will combine the research strengths across CoEs in at least two partner countries to provide a true value-added collaborative effort that will advance the approach to neurodegeneration research.
Neurodegeneration applies to:
Alzheimer’s disease (AD), Frontotemporal Lobar Dementia, Huntington’s Disease (HD), Parkinson’s disease (PD) and PD‐related disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor neurone diseases (MND), Prion disease, Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA), Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), Vascular Dementia.
- Bordeaux Initiative for Neurodegenerative Disease, Bordeaux University
- Grenoble Excellence in Neurodegeneration (GREEN), University Grenoble Alpes
- Lille Centre of Excellence for Neurodegenerative Diseases (LICEND), University of Lille
- DHUNE-CE/DHUNE, Aix Marseille University
- Montpellier Center of Excellence in Biomarkers and Personalized Medicine for Neurodgenerative Disorders, Montpellier University Hospital
- Salpêtrière Center for Translational Research on Neurodegenerative Disorders, INSERM
- Toulouse Neuro-Degenerative Center (NeuroToul), CHU de Toulouse