Family members of a Community National [fr]

Pursuant to the Directive 2004/38, family members (spouse, dependent children under the age of 21 or direct dependent parent) of EU Nationals do not require a visa to travel to France if:

- their UK residency states "Family Member of an EEA national" or “permanent residence card”,
- and they are travelling with their EU relative or meeting them in France.

Attention: The French Consulate in London advise the holders of a “permanent residence card” to apply for a short stay visa in order to facilitate their border crossing and their circulation within the Schengen space.

If you do not hold a UK resident permit with the mention “Family Member of an EEA national” or “permanent residence card”, you must hold a Schengen Visa to travel to the Schengen area and evidence that you are exercising your right of free movement as the family member of an EU National. You must therefore provide with your application form the following documents:

  • Proof of family link between the visa applicant and the EU / EEA/ or Swiss national: civil document duly legalized/ apostilled by the competent authorities of the issuing country,
  • Proof of nationality of the EU/ EEA/ or Swiss national,
  • Tickets of the EU/ EEA/ or Swiss national

Family members of EU Nationals are exempted from the visa processing fees – but not from TLS service charge.

For more information, please contact TLS.

Published on 06/11/2015

top of the page