’Chaire’ Immuno-Oncology - Fondation Toulouse Cancer Santé / Pierre-Fabre Research Institute
The brand new “Oncopole” campus, based in Toulouse (South West of France), gathers academic, scientific, medical, clinical, technological and pharmaceutical research on cancer. Its missions are to improve fundamental knowledge on all aspects of cancer biology and to provide patients with rapid access to innovative and individualized treatments.
The main actors of Toulouse Oncopole are:
- The Cancer Research Center of Toulouse (CRCT), a public research laboratory supported by Inserm, University Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier and CNRS.
- The Institut Universitaire du Cancer de Toulouse-Oncopole (IUCT-O), a cancer care center.
Oncopole is the place where clinicians from IUCT-O, translational research groups and basic scientist from CRCT have the ideal environment to develop their projects. CRCT is focused on the better understanding of the four “cancer editors” levels:
- Genetic & Cellular Oncology.
- Tumor Biology.
- Hematology & Immunology.
- Experimental Therapeutics.
Fondation Toulouse Cancer Santé, jointly with Pierre-Fabre Research Institute, is recruiting an outstanding young immuno-oncologist for a team leader position within the Cancer Research Center of Toulouse (CRCT).
Tasks and responsabilities
- Establish and run a world-class translational research program in immuno- oncology in both hematological and solid tumors with a focus on resistance to treatment to immune checkpoint modulators.
- Translate the research programs into early phase clinical trials.
- Set-up highly visible collaborations with academic and pharma partners o Training of PhD students and occasional courses in PhD programs.
- Recruit and supervise a research team.
- MD, MD-PhD or equivalent degree.
- Several years of successful experience in oncology drug discovery and early development in academic and / or Global Pharma environment.
- Translational research experience in the field of immune-oncology.
- Excellent network demonstrated by collaborations with private and public partners.
- Outstanding research track record.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to interact with private (pharma or biotech) and public partners and to manage research multidisciplinary programs.